Camp Fairview, built by Wm Durant's
cousin Charles, on the 12 acre island. We still paddle over for fresh
Joseph O. A. Bryere was the
caretaker. He and his wife Mary built Brightside, which burned in 1905,
The new hotel was run by their daughter until the early 1960s and in 2000 was
purchased by the TLC Division of FIS.